Monday, January 1, 2007

Welcome, 2007

I'm not sure whether to be happy or not, since the last quarter of 2006 was so productive but I'll roll with it. I think this year could be the most defining of my life and will tell me where I'm heading and no doubt it'll be either somewhere really good or equally bad. Highs and lows and all that.

I'm going to have 3, probably 4 chances at big buyin tournaments for "free", namely the WSOP 5k and 10k events, The BAPT wherever it may be (apparently Singapore will be revisited along with somewhere else, rumoured locations are Bali and Macau) and I'll probably round out the year by playing one of the Caribbean events.

I already have two months in Thailand, a month in Vegas, 2 weeks in the Caribbean and a week in the BAPT locations planned as well as a short trip to Barcelona so to say I'll be racking up the air miles is an understatement. It's a nice thought as well, after I decided to stay home for Christmas rather than go to Australia, as I've really had the worst time ever here in my local town. It just reminds why I am desperate to move abroad permanently, people here are so unfriendly it beggars belief. I'm so glad to have found poker and in particular, all the people involved in it.

I'm going to have to be patient though, my first trip doesn't come until June, then they're all sortof crammed together. I'll have a nice feelgood story coming up in a few days in regards to poker, I feel I need to be positive since I moan so fucking much.

regards
JPK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$22k up in December! Nice one. Used to see you playing the £60-£120 6pacs all the time but since the Betfair split a lot have gone. Just wondering what you play now and where? Or would you rather that best kept secret?
Anyway nice blog and all the best!

Jonathan "JPK" Farrer said...

Cheers.. once BF split I actually moved to another Crypto skin and continued on the sixpaks with some excellent success, but the action was far too slow. Same with BF, who's current STT lobby is an absolute disgrace currently, just a mess and it needs sorting. A couple of friends convinced me to give cash a go and that's what I'm doing now, at 2/5 and 5/10. Both BF & Crypto, best of both worlds!