Saturday, January 6, 2007

Uppy Downy Yessy Yessy

Been a strange few days if I'm honest, I've shown a healthy profit but I have donked off more than I really want to know. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, since I play the same people in cash everyday, sometimes you need to mix it up. I really have made some crazy bluffs, and have been called by people who shouldn't really be calling. I'm pretty sure I made the right plays, and have been unlucky in certain areas. It's also enabled my better hands to get completely paid by hands that usually should be instant folds to the kindof raises I was making. However, I've had a few mishaps and tilted a couple of thousand pounds away, severely denting my profits, which are around $3500 so far for the month. Nothing special at $5/10, I assure you.

However last night I decided to give the Grosvenor UK Tour rebuy satellite on BlueSq a try and came out victorious. I fucking needed to, seeing as I'd donated £270 to the prize pool (the package is £1000+50 buyin and $500 expenses). This will be televised for Channel 4 so I'm sure the usual motley crew on the UK scene (Julian Thew, Colclough etc.) will be in attendance. I've run really badly live in the past few months despite some good results, so it would be nice to get a bit of "luck" (read: have fucking aces hold up for once) to go deep. I shall also be playing the £250 the day beforehand, so if anyone's around, be sure to say hi, I'm not hard to spot in the obligatory head wrap and leather jacket.

On another note, I've just booked a month's holiday to Thailand in June. My hotel has wireless internet in every room, so I decided to book the plush suite. It's costing me a tenner a night, the bankroll really took a hammering on that one ;-).

I'm going through something of a dilemma at the moment as to what to do with my life outside of poker as I have many options. Unfortunately the acting is probably going to have to be brushed under the carpet. I mean, if Coronation St. were to offer me a £50k a year contract tomorrow (in fact newbies get slightly less), I'd actually have to turn it down, so what's the point? Don't get my wrong, it's good being acquainted with people you see on TV to tell your mates about, but if it's fame I'm interested in, there's a significantly higher chance I'll get it in the poker world than acting, and it certainly isn't the money that would motivate me, I would be thinking of lost profits on poker. Acting is the only thing keeping me in the UK, since I have an opportunity to move to Tampa Bay in Florida with my mate Eric, or anywhere else I would choose to live, in honesty. I can always come back to it and it's disappointing, but it's what's ultimately going to be best, especially considering I'm going to be spending 4-5months away in 2007 AND 2008 at the very least.

Ahhhh life is tough, and I'm sure you guys have the deepest sympathies for me :-) - rambled on far more than I expected to, so I'll cut it short, and any other bloggers out there want a link-up, give me a shout.

Regards,
JPK

No comments: