Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bolton Report

Shit day at work is what we'll call it. No cards, raised whenever betting, and played a hand like a muppet to get KO'ed early through frustration. Good event and nice setup though, it just wasn't to be unfortunately. I ended up jamming all in on a AJ37 board only to get called by Nick Slade who'd been hyper aggressive with A3. River came a Q and there was a small gasp from the table, and I muttered sorry mate, he turns round and asks what I'm apologising for as I look at the table to see the Q brought him a flush. Hard to push someone off two pair and a flush draw.

As I got up Nick for some reason felt the need to mention that I was drawing to 2 outs as if to rub it in and criticise my play (which was incorrect, without the flush draw I had 9 and with the flush I had 6 if he called, but I digress), at the time I wasn't really paying attention as I was thinking about how badly I played the hand but later I was extremely pissed off about it. There's really no need to needle someone as you've sent them to the rail in a tournament, but I really couldn't be arsed having an etiquette debate as my focus was on finding Dubai (obviously first out of the crew) for the compulsory pissup. The TV crew managed to coax me into doing a snippet for the "Bad Beat Box" so I'm sure that will make the TV cut.

There was an abundance of needling going on during the tournament and it was really doing my head in. I'm usually quiet at the tables but if this is the way the guys want to play then I'm going to join in on the act, and trust me it's not something you want to deal with. You have been warned.

Apologies to all the guys who backed me, it was a black mark that I'll put right soon.

Regards
JPK

No comments: