Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Aussie Millions & the new posterboy of poker???

My business partner (and friend), Hans-Martin "HEFFERNAN" (well, one of them ;-)) Vogl is even stacked with just 14 remaining in the Aussie Millions in Melbourne, with a guaranteed $90k payout. Tomorrow they start at 11am (???) to play down from 14 to 7 that will make the TV FT, bit fucking stupid if you ask me but it's the land of upside down.

I really hope he takes down, not just for the $1.5million 1st prize (of which I have a small stake) but for the fact that the whole media surrounding the event have seemingly totally ignored him, despite being chip leader most of the day. I have to admit I was amongst one of those who thought his FT was a little lucky in Singapore with right cards at the right time, but he's reproduced in one of the toughest fields ever. Compare it with the WSOP, where there's 8000 entrants, a large portion of which are donkey's and/or online qualifiers, to an 800 strong Aussie field with the best pros around the world and that is a HUGE notch on his belt. I would be shocked if Betfair didn't offer him some form of sponsorship, or at least buy him into a few extra events this year.

I lost $6k on cash last night too, so I've gotten out of jail in a big way, AGAIN. Just running bad.. though a third of all this I will contribute towards bad play and semi-tilt. I've decided I will go back to sixpaks for the time being, because I'm the master at them, even if it's a harder slog and less potential rewards, the swings aren't so harsh.

Before I sign off, I will leave you with the next potential posterboy of poker who's been tearing it up in Oz Jimmy "Gobboboy" Fricke:




Regards, JPK

No comments: