Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Finally quit acting & odds on me for Grosvenor Tour

For the Grosvenor Tour Bolton main event on Friday:

http://www.bluesq.com/bet?action=go_events&type_id=3716 - I am currently at 125/1, but if you have a flutter back EW too, obviously. I'd say I'm intrigued, rather than looking forward to this competition. We will see how it goes. In Sheffield I creamed most of the field, which had many "names" from the UK scene, but this will have all the "big guns" running (I put these terms in inverted commas as I'm really not sure if I should be putting these individuals such as Julian Thew on a pedestal, they've never outplayed me), so it'll give me a slight idea as to how my talent really matches up. I should be fine, win or lose I'm sure I'll make the correct decisions and do something ludicrous to make the TV highlights. My appearance alone is usually enough.

I also handed in my noticed as an actor. It's actually come as a huge relief and weight off my shoulders as now I don't have to make up excuses as to why I'm not available to do walk-ons on Hollyoaks in winter weather for £100 a day. They said I'm welcome back anytime and since my notice, they've actually been really friendly, over friendly really. Oh well guys, you had your chance a year ago to properly promote me and never did, so you don't realise what you have until it's gone. I meet all the top names in TV and Film on the poker scene anyway these days!

Regards
JPK

No comments: