Thursday, November 1, 2007

Not much to report

I didn't make it 12 wins in a row but I pretty much broke even and then had a couple of small winning days. Not played as much due to my eventful London trip but the next week should see a grind before I head back out to Tampa to close the condo, the finances are all in place but some paperwork needs to be finalised. After that I've got to do the place up.. and I'm not sure if I'm staying for Christmas/New Year.

It's nice to have stuff other than poker going on as it gives my life a bit of purpose, sometimes playing poker all day everyday, even if you're WINNING, can leave you simply drifting. I'm beginning to diversify my time into investigating other investments and opportunities as I feel there's a lot to be made in foreign real estate & currency right now, but without grinding the bread & butter of poker I won't have any money to invest, so I guess that's where my loyalties lie.

Expenditure is going to be very small over the next year once the condo is kitted out (which will cost around $7k) so hopefully I can save up some money and look at other things. Or, I could win the big one and buy a place in 5th Ave. NY, or Kensington, London :D

JPK

PS Lewis - Thanks, appreciate it. Are you the same guy I met at the BF/Caesar's part at Harrah's after WSOP?

PPS Badger - online is okay to get an idea of housing.. but not Google... try Yahoo "Miami Real Estate", but it's all area dependant - I'd advise a condo over a townhouse due to the easier upkeep and the fact condos are far more trendy and easier to sell in affluent places which is where you should be looking. Tampa is 4 1/2 hours away so I can't give you specific advice but realtors out there are in a different league to the arseholly estate agents here and whoever you choose is likely to do a stellar job. It did take me a good month or so scoping out the place and referring to several trusted friends in the area to direct me to the type of property I wanted, both socially and appreciatively speaking. I advise your dad spend a while out there and buy in a well known area as buying out in the sticks may not guarantee a return on investment. The USD is only likely to rise in the near future, so buying within 2-3 months would be a good timeframe.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

Hi Jonathan,

nope it wasn't me mate. I am just an online donkey/fish who gets beaten a lot by other fish . :-)

good luck

Lewis