Saturday, October 20, 2007

Back in the UK after purchasing a condo in Tampa, Florida, USA

Title says it all really. I finally nailed something down and it represents a good investment. I'll let you check out the pictures which will appear somewhere in the post, I'm not exactly sure where due to my poor editing skills, but anyway.. it's a one bedroom in what is known to be a very affluent area in Tampa, Florida named SOHO/HYDE PARK. Pool, spa, sauna, 2 parking spots within the complex and a storage unit (together worth $25k alone) for a grand sum of $203,000. It's what I wanted, so appreciation aside I am happy with it. Given there's a Publix (a more upmarket store in the US) opening literally 20 metres from the complex which should see the property immediately rise 10% I'm a happy chappy. Why anyone would buy in the UK right now, is beyond me, when this is what you have on offer for £100,000 (wherever the pix may appear..):

EDIT: I'll have to upload them later as there's a problem with blogger.com currently..

Poker-wise, the last 6 days I've played I've won circa $4000. Due to some other investments it has unfortunately not counted for a whole lot, but things could be worse. I'm really going to hit the grind the next month.

Regards,
JPK

No comments: