Monday, April 23, 2007

Belated update

Things haven't really gotten any better, until yesterday that is as I picked up form on the sixpaks with my first big(ish) day for a while. Had a bad week last week and wasn't feeling too great, so I decided to hell with it and booked myself on a plane to warmer climates for 2 months; I leave tomorrow. I figure if I'm going to lose a couple of grand in a day, I can walk down to the beach and chill out, rather than open the curtains here and see the misery that is the Lancashire weather. It also stops me spending a silly amount of time in Vegas in June, always nice for the bank manager to hear.

UKPT was a bit meh, on Day 1 I played some very good poker, and threatened to have a big stack at various points, but just didn't get the rub of the green where I needed it e.g. I reraised in the cutoff with QQ when I was cruising around 30k ave stack 20k, only for the button to pick up KK and bring me back into the pack. Small things like that make a world of difference (especially with a stacked-up Rumit Somaiya to my left all day), but what can you do. Made it to day 2, where I tried to make things happen but it wasn't to be. Was good to see Paul from betfair, Mel Judah & the Champagne Campaign Crew again, but that was unfortunately the highlight.

Regards,
JPK

4 comments:

Amatay said...

Hello mate, just came across your blog. I was wondering do you play poker for a living. I currently play PT and work PT but weas thinking of reducing my working hours further. Nice blog btw, ill link you up.

Jonathan "JPK" Farrer said...

thanks for the comments.. if your profits are beginning to far outweigh your job payment and you can no longer focus then you should definitely decrease working hours.. however if you pack in work you've got to be aware there can be some lean months.. if you are just "scraping by" on poker i.e. perhaps earning 1-2kGBP per month incl rakeback be very careful and save money well.. anymore than this and it's a no brainer..

Poker Me said...

Guys if your playing big tables get the best rakeback from CelebPoker.com and Pokerraking.com
for more info use the form in pokerraking.

Cheers

The Leopard said...

Why no updates?