Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Back from the dead; Off to Vegas!

Sorry for so long between posts - I've spent the past couple of months abroad, and had very little to do with poker except from online and I've not had anything interesting to really talk about. I've had a lot of near misses in 2007 and generally not a great time online profit-wise (five figure sterling profit months are a little harder to comeby nowadays), just enough, and a lot of it was to do with my attitude and approach to the game i.e. my work ethic was dogshit.

However, I continue to write for Betfair Poker, in a series of columns entitled "Life of a Poker Pro" which you can read at http://poker.betfair.com in the news & views section.

I am jetting off to Vegas tomorrow, I get in at around 2pm at the Luxor, so I'm going to take a stab at the final super sats to see if I can cheap seat my way into the main event. I'd rather avoid shelling out $10k.

However the structure for the main event looks rather appealing at 120 minute clock and $20k starting stack, 50-100 opening blinds. I will have to have a think on the plane about how to approach this tournament. It's 2 weeks long so you can't win it on day 1, however if you fall far behind it will be quite hard to keep up, and with the flat structure the book says you should be quite aggressive. The flip side is out of 8000+ entrants, a significant amount would probably be better served giving rides to people on Blackpool beach so being LAG isn't wise either.

For anyone that knows me who will be in Vegas, drop me a line on jonathanfarrer at aol dot com and we can exchange bad beat stories. Or maybe not

Best,
JPK

No comments: