Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A slight change in fortunes

Won $6k or so last night. Of course I'm happy, but I've got an empty feeling. Probably due to the fact that I absolutely DESTROYED the £8k on Crypto (I am playing the mid-month leaderboard to try and win a Monte Carlo seat). I had 3 x chips of 2nd going into the last two tables, 4 x on the FT and 5 x short handed. 5-1 lead heads up (he was at that point 3 times), get it all in AQ v A5, he spikes a 5 on the turn, and makes the comeback of all comebacks, costing me £1k and some important leaderboard points. Frankly, I just ran over everybody and it was a total injustice I didn't win. What made it worse was that straight after I crashed out of the $4k for the same leaderboard in 14th after losing TT vs A9 for a 50k pot.. he called the all-in of course and the first card a deserved ace.. GG WP TY CU FO..

I should be happy with the winnings, but I am such a brutal perfectionist that I was absolutely raging. I've calmed down a little now and I hope I can continue with some solid winning days to get back on track. It's been a rough few weeks and a little success was nice.

Hawko's up on Sunday as he needs to collect ten grand off some geezer in Manchester, sounds like fun.. then it's off to Walsall for the UKPT, so it'll be either tales of joy or woe in the next week..

RegardsJPK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farrer, do you have an email address I want to ask advice if you are willing to give.

Jonathan "JPK" Farrer said...

jfarrer69 at aol dot com