Sunday, February 18, 2007

Action packed week

That's how I can describe it best. Doing my bollocks at the moment and running sick bad with no upswing for a month, I'm a bit fucked off with poker, so I'll leave that for now. No point crying over spilt milk and all that.

Other fronts are looking okay I guess. Walsall was a laugh, a couple of sick nights out & met a bunch of top people such as Julian Thew, Ed Giddins et al. It's not the first time I've met the guys, but it's got to the point now where everyone's getting to know me on a first name basis, probably for all the wrong reasons. Also, despite the fact I can't pull in a tug of war contest in my hometown, women actually find me slightly desirable when I'm off galavanting on poker trips. I assume this is delusion caused by intoxication or the fact that I hang around with individuals far uglier than myself, probably a mixture of the two.

Also, I grabbed an opportunity to sign myself up for the Asian Poker Classic in Goa during the first week of March. I will be representing Betfair during the event but I'm not wearing that stripey fucking monstrosity of a shirt they try and fob off on people, they're gonna have to send me something a bit better than that. Joey Lovelady, Blacklist Benno, Dubai and their crew are all going along so I am going to lock myself in my room for the week for fear of bankruptcy.

The Betfair thing is a one time only deal unless I avoid the mandatory bumshagging just before the big money. I'm sure if I can get a result or three sites will come knocking for me to play for them, I've got a couple of small-ish offers already but nothing I'm overly interested in. If people want JPK on their team it's gotta be worth my while, and I don't think anyone thinks I'm a justifiable risk right now in terms of what I'd be looking for (well, apart from the fact I'm a rake machine, decent online winner, journalist and general sexyboy/arsehole). But with Goa, the UKPT, Irish Open, Betfair Asian Tour and WSOP on the cards, it's looking pretty stacked for 2007 already. Maybe next year will be my year in terms of chasing the TV cameras. 2007 will be defining as far as poker goes, so I need to get my head down and work. Papa wants a brand new carrrrrrrrrrrr..

Regards,
JPK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its 2007 mate...