Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stephen Hawking, Johnny Vegas and Jo Brand..

..all collectively run about as I good as I do. I know it's about 3 weeks since my blog entry but I just didn't have the strength. I suffered the biggest downswing/bad run of my 3 years in poker and I'm just coming out of it half-alive and it was no picnic I can assure you. I am just about on the verge of winning back the downswing (not including Vegas, obviously, but for my own sanity I am forgetting about that).

I really have had to earn my crust, and that's just to reclaim losses. Suffice to say I've not been in great moods lately, but I've been okay(ish). That is until some twonk in the gym decided to pick my brains about poker. After about the 20th time of referring to it as gambling, which I kept correcting him on, and him purposely continuing to call it gambling to wind me up in front of his mate I decided to show my maturity and kindly informed him how much I'd earned in poker in the past 2 years. I knew he worked in the local supermarket, which made it all the more satisfying.

However the bad run was a kindly reminder that you can't take your foot off the gas for one minute, which is why I booked myself on a 3 week trip to visit an old mate in the humble surroundings of Tampa Bay, Florida. Recently it's been very tough so I'm taking myself off to a kinder surrounding (I mean it's the middle of fucking August and it's raining in Preston). I'll still play poker in Florida, but it'll be 2-4 hours a day, and not 5-8 hours. I'll be trying to squeeze in trips to Orlando, Miami and some of the main beaches. But in general I'm just going to go to a pressure-free zone.

The aims are in place for the rest of the year and I'm pretty sure I'll achieve them with a few headaches along the way. And life isn't so bad, as I heard that Johnny Lodden and David Benyamine are BUSTO as of recently and therefore I am financially better off than them (until they win a few big blinds). I mean, seriously, WHAT THE FUCK? Just.. how? Benyamine had a $20 million roll, Lodden anywhere between $5-10 million depending on who you talk to. Both frequent the $200/400 NL/Omaha games online (benyamine is often on 1k/2k limit on Full Tilt too) where the buyin is $40k. You can't tell me two players of that quality can go on downswings of 200-400 buyins. Lord knows how they've lost that amount of money, and they ought to be ashamed of themselves. If someone has that sort of wealth, they really should put it to some kind of good measure. Greed is a bad demon, folks.

Anyway, Leeds are on -9 points, they are shit and I've lost interest. So I'm going to start supporting Dinamo Kiev or something.

Adios
JPK

No comments: