Sunday, August 26, 2007

Everything beginning to look up..

..well, it couldn't have gotten much worse over past month or so. I've posted some nice winning days, although I had a run of 7 bubbles in a row on Saturday night all with the best hand, including a classic big stack vs. big stack clash AKs vs. AJo in a £200 sixpak with a J in the door, costing me a probable £800. I am sure these things will start going my way though so it's just a case of continuing to hammer it; it is totally frustrating though.


I head off to Tampa Bay on Tuesday, which should be fun. Weather reports are in the 90-100 range, so slightly better than Longridge. Try as I may to get myself in tip-top shape it hasn't worked out, 3 weeks of my new weightlifting and supplementation regime has come too late, but I'll be looking to continue whilst over there as my mate has a gym in his complex. Those of you who have known me for a long time will know I was around 14st, 30" waist when I was 20-ish and a keen bodybuilder, until I went to acting school where I trimmed down to 10st 4lbs (6% bodyfat). I'm now back upto 11st 6lbs, with the aim being to trim up a little more, then work my way upto 12st and see where I go from there. I think it's very important to have something like this in place when you are playing poker as it helps maintain a discipline and focus in your life away from the tables, which can only help on them. I'll be writing a column for Betfair Poker on this in the near future (I'm sure it'll go over well with all the pie monsters LOL).

Oh, and I'm 25 tomorrow. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Toodle pip,
JPK

No comments: