Sunday, March 4, 2007

Quick Goa Update

I finished 5th for $58k, though I will no doubt be remembered on TV for the horrific run of bad beats I endured, and my subsequent outburts and torrents of abuse. The camera guys assured me I don't come across that bad and it made good TV, however my two biggest "Flip Out Farrer" moments came at the expense of two Indian players. Being that the event will be broadcast on Z Sports here (the equivalent of ESPN in USA) I will probably have visa troubles next time I try to come over ;-). I tried to save myself by saying nice things in the TV interview afterwards so perhaps I will be redeemed.

Cards aside, the cash was really nice. 2007 has been so up and down it's nice to pocket an eventual $54k or so (tips, small swops etc). The press have been all over me since, but one big result doesn't mean anything and hopefully I can back this up with a win sometime soon. Plenty on the horizon and lots of opportunities.

Fantastic event and had an amazing time here and can't wait to come back. The pressure has been lifted off my shoulders now, so I can relax and see how things pan out.

I'll have a full report soon.

Best,
JPK

7 comments:

Wonky said...

Nice result Farrer!

Anonymous said...

congrats on 5th,

but...the press have been all over you???

for finishing 5th in some random event in india! Get a grip of yourself, to me you seem like you talk out of your arse a lot.

spend the $50k on a personality

Anonymous said...

Farrer you utter goon.

I am not a fucking poker groupie!

Nicolas Levi said...

Bonjour
It was good to meet you in GOA, you played a good game. Until next time... Good luck!
Nicolas aka (Croque)Monsieur

Anonymous said...

Well done farrer! Im sure you can get a personality cheaper than 50k

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on avoiding the train wreck, along with the big score in the trny. I was looking for some other way to contact you but this is all I found. I was wondering if you would be willing to do a link swap with me? I write 1struleofpoker.com. Check out my site and if you are going to post a link just write a comment in my blog when you are there and I will be happy to post a link back.

Thanks again for all the help

1stRule

Anonymous said...

Belated congratulations Jon. Glad to hear that things are working out for you.

Tom